1. Never Ever by All Saints – back in first year highschool my friends and I would sing in the classroom and after classes, but this was the most memorable song. We would sing it with the corresponding “blending” of our voices. Yes it’s dorky.
2. I’m like a bird by Nelly Furtado – third year highschool, there’s this old Spanish house that we’d go to everyday after classes and there we’d shoot our class project – a mini film of Noli me Tangere. The “shooting” would last until twelve mindnight and the latest shoot we had lasted until 4 am. In between shoots, trying hard acting and wearing baro’t saya in the middle of the street as our costume, we would try smoking for the first time, drink Red Horse in a plastic with straw, some would have “secret” make out sessions, and a lot more crazy things.
3. This side by Nickelcreek – whenever I hear this song I become sentimental. There’s no particular moment that I remember, it’s just when I hear it tons of memories flashback, just like in the movies.
4. [edited] i removed no. 5
5. You’re a God by Vertical Horizon – reminds me of all the guys I dumped. Oops.
6. Peaches and Cream by 112 and Jay-z – my college friend who’s now in the states would tease me with this song, we’d talk on the phone and he’ll sing peaches and “Cream” because back then there was this “Crim” (criminology) student who had a crush on me. Anyway, turns out this friend also likes me. Tsk tsk.
7. Set you Free by Side A – we were having fun singing on the videoke then I suddenly sing this song to a friend (previous post) and told him to listen carefully because it is his song. Somehow he got the idea, at the end of the song he was already teary eyed.
8. Huling El Bimbo by Eraserheads – another eheads song, I was in fourth grade we were on our way to Baguio and this song plays on the radio.
9. Jupiter (swallow the moon) by Jewel – until now Jewel’s spirit album remains to be one of my favorites. This is another song that reminds me of first year highschool, my bestfriend made a copy of this album for me and even gave me the lyrics but she made me pay her. And I call her my bestfriend huh? Surprisingly, we’re still bestfriends now despite her greedy nature. 😉
10. Adia by Sarah Mclachlan – I was in highschool, it was summer, I bought an MTV Fantastic Female album and played it over and over every morning.
11. All or nothng by O-town – my bestfriend had this huge crush on our classmate, she was so madly infatuated with him which in turn made us feel like we were becoming stalkers already. Because her infatuation for this guy wasn’t really a secret, in fact everyone knows, on our prom some of our friends pushed them together so they could dance. This was the song that was playing, of course this song was memorable to her. A couple of years later after graduation, my other bestfriend and I called her on the phone without uttering a single word just All or nothing playing in the background. The next day she told us about it and we couldn’t help but laugh but we still managed to make her believe that maybe it was her crush who called.
12. Achy breaky heart by Billy Ray Cyrus – every morning after the flag ceremony we would be forced to exercise to the tune of this song. Evrerybody should do the “L.A. walk” (I don’t know why they called the dance like that). When teachers weren’t looking we’d just stand and watch how silly everyone looked while dancing the “L.A. walk”. There was even a time when our section was assigned to be the leaders and we had to dance the whole thing infront of the whole school, imagine that!
13. Miss na miss kita by Father and Son – I was in elementary and our neighbor would play this song every morning. Actually, it wasn’t the neighbor, I think it was their maids who were responsible for playing this song. Even my sisters would reminisce the time when we lived in that subdivision whenever we hear this song. During siesta time our mom would force us to sleep, we’d pretend to be sleeping then when our mom had fallen asleep already, we’d sneak out of the house to go to the park and play.